Saturday, February 28, 2009

Pres. Obama Outlines Goals for Afghanistan, Iraq

It's so good to finally be able to listen to policy being discussed that can be understood, put to words and thoughts that don't make a mockery of the Presidential Office and Country!



Friday, February 27, 2009

PBS NewsHour: TRANSCRIPT of Interview with Jim Lehrer

After a major policy announcement that the U.S. combat mission in Iraq will end next year, President Obama spoke with Jim Lehrer about Iraq, Afghanistan and the challenges of his new office.

The PBS Video Feed

President Obama: The First 100 Days

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a 1964 U.S. Army length of service military retiree who was BETRAYED along with 432,000 cohorts on retired pay after we had served this deceitful, thankless and unforgivng nation, and had given it the best years of our lives I see nothing but platitudes awaiting the current troops in the out years.

Medicare did not even exist when I retired. "Under the laws of this nation" I had "eanned" life-time health care for me and my eligible dependens. NO!

In the '70s this same deceiful nation notified me et al, that on attaining age 65 when no longer subject to recall to active duty and wanting any health care, "Go to Social Security and apply for Medicare part B" along with the draft-dodger, highly paid civilian and now the highly paid ingrate military successor. I also pay for my wife of over 60 years.

Mary served with General George S. Patton's Third Army Field Hospital as a captain nurse in France, Germany and Austria. Prior to that delightful duty she was buzz-bombed in merry old england.

What an honor to have served??????

Now I hear platitudes about where the nation is headed. May all others have the same honor under this president.