Saturday, August 21, 2010

Why Does Newt Gingrich Hate Freedom?

GRITtv with Laura Flanders



August 19th, 2010 - My father died two weeks ago. He was a devout Catholic and former Franciscan brother. The last week of his life he was really upset -- not about dying, but about that church in Gainesville that’s planning to burn Korans on 9/11.

My dad thought it wasn’t Christian, but an act of Christian supremacy. I said it would be cute if they used German accents.

He didn’t laugh either. But I’ve been thinking of him all week amidst the furor over the ‘Ground Zero Mosque.’ Which isn’t at Ground Zero, and isn’t a mosque. It’s in the old Burlington Coat Factory building, which makes it a deeply offensive to we Americans who care about quality outerwear. I’m very protective of American jackets made in China. And there’s a mosque inside it, but it’s really a community center with a theatre, cafĂ©, meeting rooms, and, I’m sure at some point, a Pinkberry. {read more}

No comments: