Tuesday, January 04, 2011

From The War Theaters "Burn Pits." {?} !!

Soldier from W. Babylon dies of rare cancer

January 3, 2011 - After a long year of watching the slow death of her husband, Army Sgt. William McKenna, Dina McKenna decided the final goodbye should be dignified without painful lingering.


He was deployed in 2003 and was awarded several awards and medals during two tours in Iraq. It was there he breathed fumes from burning garbage pits outside of the military bases - leading to his fatal cancer, his wife believes.

"The cancer is caused by toxic fumes," she said. Not only did her husband not smoke, but he had the athletic ability of men two decades younger, she said. "He was perfectly healthy when he got in and a mess when he got out." {continued}

No comments: