Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Moscow Protestor Speaks, Listen!

This is what it's All about!

Russian protests: Why I took to Moscow's streets
It's not because I believe that Putin will leave his post. I decided to go for myself. For my own right not to be ashamed of my principles and not to be ashamed of myself.

December 10, 2011 - I’m scared. I got calls from my mom, my dad, my brother, my aunt and they all told me me pretty much the same thing: “Do you really understand what is going on? It is dangerous. There are going to be provocations. You can be arrested or injured. Do you understand that you can be fired?" (I work for a state-owned media company, in the entertainment sector.)

This rally was permitted by the Moscow government, but people still don’t believe that it is going to be safe. To be honest, I didn’t believe it myself, but I still told my parents: “Yes, yes I understand all that but I am still going.” Perhaps all the young people who decided to go to this meeting had similar dialogues with their families. Most of those who came out were in their 20s and 30s.

I decided to go not because I support any of the political parties. For the past 20 years, people have learned to be very skeptical about politicians. It's not because I believe that Putin will leave his post. I decided to go for myself. For my own right not to be ashamed of my principles and not to be ashamed of myself. Because I have my own opinion and I’m tired of hiding it.

snip

I don’t know if something is going to change in politics, but I know that something changed in our minds. I know that in the past 20 years a new generation of people have grown up that are able to think themselves and want to have a choice. As for me… I finally have hope in my heart. read more>>>

This is what drives movements, real grassroots movements, and this is what has been driving the waves of protest, some extremely violent but the people still fight on, around the World including here with a simple act of Occupy!

This is also why a movement needs no leaders, the people lead with each individual thoughts they hold and combine those with the ones around them, some sharing same but having their own other reasons for joining together, and that wave rolls and sometimes grows.

No comments: