Friday, May 07, 2010

Something to Think About!!


Chemical dispersants: Is the cure worse than the disease?


I want you to think about this! What are these chemicals, used on an even more higher density in this spill, doing to the sea life in the short term but especially in the long term if the fishing industry in the gulf ever gets back to the supply side. Even if it takes years to once again grow, the fishing industry, we will still be seeing the products sold nation and probably world wide, will there be harmful effects on humans and other animals in the wide food chain!

When new products come out, or some that have been around for a few years, that are pushed out as wonder products my head starts filling with questions. Probably as to the industry I'm in, construction, but I think I've always questioned what others are trying to sell as the quick fix and the need that we didn't have before but do now, I grew up with asbestos as a product with numorous uses like fire retardent and insulator, suck in some in my time.

We use way to much that really doesn't carry clear information, especially if regulators are ignoring that which is already supposed to be done!

No comments: